Monday, April 19, 2010

Latest Musings

So what is up in your world???
anything NEW or FUNKY or RAD?
i have, oh a whim, decided to take up mixed media art ona a MUCH smaller scale...CARDS and TAGS!
it was all right there in front of my face, DOWNSIZE for a while!!! eh? yeah!
and ofcourse, using my FAVORITE materials, clearly the MOST delighful and my favorite material to ever exist...TULLE!!!

constructing my art  in a hat...always, ofcourse!

WELL, hmmmmmmmmm, which hat to wear today?!?!?
OK! this one...

and, i do this, on a whim, today, Through The Looking Glass....
i love texture, and i love treasures. i love tales and things un-told...
i love to feel, and to dance, and to twirl around for no reason at all, but to twirl around because it seems like the reasonable thing to do.
i like cats and rabbits, that can reside in fancy little houses, that are "dressed in shoes and hats and trousers"
yes, i have a world, of, my own...
i've been lucky, to be inspired by the fizzle of a firework, the flash of a firefly, and the flames from which the pheonix of my spirits have risen.
i'm lucky.
and just when i think i am not, i see a wild violet, in my front yard.
just the most deep purple, pretty white and purple wild violet...oh, just the littlest tiny thing, growing with it's counterparts in this mess of a crazy yard upon which a early warm spring has enabled the sproutting of immeasurable amounts of grass, dandelions, buttercups, clover, tulips, jonquils and blue~bells.
so this single violet, shouts up to me, loud even for me to stop and look down, yet quiet enough not to wake the sleeping dragons...with their shiny scales and golden tails...roars that shake the big blue whales....from mountains caves to sea...
bless this violet, for she sang to me, smiling all the while, in a golden afternoon choir amongst her wild friends, swaying side to side, to and fro, back and forth, around and around, she sang the sweetest song, just for me, and by osmosis of a breeze she flooded my mind with thoughts, with decree...
of visions and dreams, of stars and moons, of vows and truths, of all the things that i have been given, be grateful, she sang, not jealous nor bitter, nor angry nor sad, be grateful...for what you have been blessed with in your life is so much more than many will ever feel, taste, see, breathe...she sang this to me and i began to listen...i began.
and since that day, my heart beats so much love, no push nor shove, and though confusion is natural, and normal as can be, in my mind, miss violet i shall always hear and see, singing songs of xanadu, of khubla khan, of rubies and of chess, a stout king and his pawn, singing songs of all fancy lovelies, just out there, out on my lawn.

and then, kinda came the start of these....




I ADORE CREATING!!!!!!!!


mmmmmmmmmmmmm.....


tweet tweet nest nest


5 comments:

BanjoBaySoaps said...

BanjoBayShabbyChic!!!!

Anonymous said...

ARG! I lovvvvve these!!!

tweetey30 said...

those are cute banjo..so cool... i havent posted any new items on my blog in a while and i have some new things coming up..

BanjoBaySoaps said...

THANKS! i cant wait to see your new stuff!!!

Anna said...

Fantastic ,I do love it;)